Driving in Las Vegas can be challenging, especially if you are visiting the city or are relatively new to the area. Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are also a serious problem in our region. According to the Allstate America’s Best Drivers Report, car accidents occur in Las Vegas at a rate that is nearly 17 percent higher than the national average.
At Naqvi Injury Law, our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers want all people to have best possible driving experience on our city’s roads. To help, we have put together a guide that highlights six of our best tips for safe and effective driving in Las Vegas.
1. Speed Limits, Turning Right on Red Lights and U-Turns: All drivers must comply with local traffic regulations. While many traffic laws are similar all across the United States, there are other rules that vary considerably by jurisdiction. In Las Vegas, drivers should be aware of the local speed limit. On most Clark County, NV highways, it is 65 MPH or 70 MPH, while on many streets within the city of Las Vegas, the speed limit is between 25 MPH and 35 MPH.
In addition, Las Vegas drivers should be aware of the city’s rules on turning right on red lights and its laws on U-turns. Turning right on red is legal in Las Vegas, unless there is a posted sign indicating otherwise. Similarly, U-turns are permitted in Las Vegas if they can be made safely and there is no posted sign prohibiting the maneuver.
2. Avoid Drunk Driving: Intoxicated driving is a serious problem in Nevada. You should never get behind the wheel if you have had too much to drink. Under the state law, the legal limit is a blood alcohol content of 0.08 for drivers who are of legal drinking age (21+), and 0.02 for drivers who are underage.
3. Where to Get Gas: When it comes to filling up your tank, it is always a good idea to plan ahead. If you are driving in the City of Las Vegas, you should not have too much trouble finding a gas station. There are online maps available that can be used to help you find the most convenient gas station, along with the best prices. If you are driving outside of the city limits into the rural parts of Southern Nevada, it is highly recommended that you fill up your tank before you leave.
4. Where to Get a Rental Car: As Las Vegas is a popular tourist destination, the city has plenty of affordable rental car options. If you are visiting Vegas on a trip, or if you simply need a rental car for your own short-term use, you need to know how to find the best rental car option.
5. Towing Companies: Ideally, you will not need the services of a towing company. However, there is always the possibility that something will go wrong. To be fully prepared, you should have a basic understanding of where vehicles are towed to in Las Vegas.
6. Where to Find Parking: While it is not as bad as some other major U.S. cities, finding parking in Las Vegas can be frustrating. No one wants to spend half an hour driving in circles, hoping that a spot opens up. Before you head out on the road, you should always do some basic research into your parking options. This way you will be confident that there will be a secure place for your vehicle.
Contact our law firm by e-mail or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada
Read more to learn more about these important driving tips for navigating Las Vegas. If you have been injured in a car accident, get help from a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer.
“When I came to Naqvi, everything was taken care of. From the moment you walk in the door, Naqvi Injury Law treats you like family. They’re very upfront and communication with them is excellent.”
Call (702) 553-1000 Never Settle For Less