- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
LAS VEGAS FENDER BENDER ATTORNEY
Causes of Fender Bender Crashes
A fender bender refers to a minor and insignificant collision between two or more vehicles. Typically, fender bender accidents are dismissed as being insignificant and something that shouldn’t be fretted over. However, fender benders can cause damage, and can also lead to injuries in some cases, too. As such, there are times when filing a claim with an insurance company in Nevada following a fender bender accident is appropriate, and times when hiring an attorney for legal representation throughout the process is advised.
Fender bender crashes are one of the most common accident types, and occur for myriad reasons. Some of the most common causes of fender benders include:
- Texting or using a mobile application while driving;
- Talking on a cellphone;
- Looking at something other than the road/objects ahead;
- Backing up without checking mirrors first;
- Operating a vehicle while impaired or intoxicated; and
- Following too closely.
Fender bender crashes are not typically caused as a result of speeding, which is a top cause of many other accident types. When speed is involved in a car accident, the crash is typically much more serious than just a fender bender. In all fender bender crashes, however, negligence of one of the drivers is usually to blame. In some cases, negligence of another party may be the cause. For example, if a fender bender occurs because of defective brakes, then the brake manufacturer may be at fault. Or, if a fender bender occurs because of a road defect, such as a pothole, then the party responsible for maintaining the road (i.e. a city or state department of transportation) may be to blame.
Do I Need an Attorney for a Fender Bender Crash?
If you suffer damages in a fender bender accident, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver. Some common fender bender damages include:
- Property damage to a vehicle, particularly on the hood of a car or the bumpers, or scrapes or dents along the side;
- Soft tissues injuries, such as whiplash, which is very common in rear-end crashes, one of the most frequent types of fender benders;
- Facial injuries, which may be incurred when airbags explode;
- Seatbelt related injuries;
- Medical expenses;
- Psychological injuries; and
- Pain and suffering.
Of course, these are not the only injuries that a person may sustain. Injuries vary depending upon the force of impact involved, whether or not drivers/passengers were buckled at the time of collision, and the angle of impact.
Can I File a Lawsuit?
When you suffer damages and file a claim with an insurance company following a fender bender crash, you no doubt expect the insurance company to settle your claim and pay you the compensation award that you deserve. Unfortunately, this is not always how it works. The insurance company may deny your claim based on allegations that you caused the accident (rather than the other driver) and are therefore ineligible for compensation, or may deny your claim based on disputes about the extent of damages you suffered. Further, an insurance company could low ball your claim, offer you less than you deserve in an attempt to save the insurance company money.
Because the above situations involving an insurance company are very possible, it is strongly recommended that you work with an attorney if the above issues arise, or if your claim has any particular complexities. For example, if there were multiple parties involved or your injuries and damages are particularly severe, hiring an attorney is advisable.
In Nevada, drivers who are not at fault for collisions are allowed to file a lawsuit against the at fault driver after a crash. However, keep in mind that:
- Lawsuits are not filed until after settlement negotiations with an insurance company have been finalized;
- Filing a lawsuit is typically not worth it unless your losses are significant, as lawsuits can take a lot of time and can be expensive to pursue; and
- Filing a lawsuit is a legally intensive undertaking, and requires comprehensive knowledge of myriad laws associated with your claim.
While filing a lawsuit following a fender bender collision is rare, we want to assure you that if filing a lawsuit is appropriate in your case, our attorney will be there to aid you every step of the way. We have successfully litigated numerous car accident cases over the years, and know what we are doing.
Reputations Are Earned, Not Given
Our law firm’s founding attorney — Farhan Naqvi has handled hundreds of complicated auto accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
He started his career as an insurance defense attorney many years ago and later joined one of the largest personal injury law firms in Nevada where he often litigated more than 200 cases simultaneously. His strong experience with insurance companies & accident law is the foundation of our boutique law firm. We devote ample resources & time to obtaining maximum compensation for accident victims.
What Should I Look for in an Attorney?
If you are planning to hire a car accident attorney following a fender bender, it is important that you know what you are looking for. Important characteristics in an attorney include:
- Experience. You want to work with an attorney who has been representing car accident victims for many years, and has done so with success. Another bonus is choosing an attorney who is familiar with the specific type of car accident in which you have been involved. For example, if you are in a fender bender crash, you want an attorney who has handled fender bender crash cases in the past.
- Recognition. Working with an attorney who has been recognized for their capabilities and rate of success is comforting; an attorney in this position surely has a track record of success. Look for an attorney who is registered with the Nevada State Bar, is in good standing, and has received state or nationwide recognitions or awards.
- Compassion. Can you imagine working with an attorney who is only doing it for the money? Working with an attorney who isn’t passionate about what they do, and doesn’t have compassion for the clients they represent, may be a very unfortunate experience. You want to work with a lawyer who is good at what they do and who cares about you.
Why Work with Our Firm?
At the firm of Naqvi Injury Law, our attorneys meet all of the criteria listed above. We have gone to trial many times, and have never lost a trial. We have received multiple awards and recognitions, including “Best of Las Vegas” for a personal injury attorney. Further, and most importantly of all, we care about our clients.
If you are involved in a fender bender in Las Vegas, do not hesitate to contact us. You can schedule your free consultation online or in person today.
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Hear what Samantha has to say about their experience with Naqvi Injury Law.
5/5 - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT