- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
LAS VEGAS CHILD INJURY ATTORNEY
Experienced Child Injury Attorney Here For You
As all parents know well, kids can be hurt in a number of different ways. According to data from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), approximately 1 in 6 American children go to the emergency room each year. A significant percentage of ER visits are for injuries. When a child is injured due to negligence, the at-fault party must be held accountable.
At Naqvi Injury Law, our Las Vegas child injury attorneys are skilled, results-focused advocates for injured children and their families. If your child was hurt in an accident, we are more than ready to help. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with a top-rated child injury lawyer in Nevada, please do not hesitate to contact our Las Vegas law office today. We will protect your family.
Children May Be Injured in a Wide Range of Accidents
For a number of different reasons, children are vulnerable to accidents. It is crucial that all parties take the proper safety precautions to ensure that the environment is reasonably well-suited for children. Our law firm handles the full range of child injury claims in Las Vegas. Among other types of child injury cases, we can help your family with:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Bike accidents;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Dog bite injuries;
- School/schoolyard injuries;
- Construction site accidents;
- Medical malpractice claims; and
- Much more.
What to Do If Your Child is Injured in Clark County, Nevada
Was your child hurt in an accident in Las Vegas? If so, it is imperative that you take immediate action to protect their health and safety. You will want to make sure that your child is in the best position to get the professional care that they need. Additionally, you will want to make sure that your family is in the best position to get compensation on behalf of your child. Here are five steps to take if your child is injured in an accident in Southern Nevada:
1. Get your child immediate medical attention;
2. Report the accident to the appropriate parties;
3. Secure any relevant evidence that may help prove what happened and why;
4. Make sure your child gets the proper ongoing/follow-up medical care; and
5. Consult with a Las Vegas child injury lawyer who can help you get compensation.
Five Things to Know About Child Injury Claims in Las Vegas
While there are many similarities between child injury claims and adult injury claims, there are also some very important differences. Your family should be prepared for what you are going to face within the personal injury claims process. Here are five key things to know about child injury claims in Las Vegas:
- 1. Liability Standards May Be Somewhat Different in a Child Injury Claim: In Nevada, most personal injury claims are based on negligence. As Nevada is a comparative negligence state, a person can be held partially at fault for their own accident. However, the law is more forgiving towards children. In general, businesses, organizations, and other entities should take additional care to watch out for kids.
- 2. A Parent or Guardian Pursues the Case on Behalf of the Child: Children cannot file a personal injury claim on their own. Instead, these cases are pursued by a representative of the minor. With some limited exceptions, most child injury cases in Nevada are brought by a parent or guardian on behalf of their child. Notably, the parent is still recovering compensation on the child’s behalf.
- 3. The Statute of Limitations Can Be Less Strict: Nevada has a strict statute of limitations for personal injury claims. You must file any lawsuit before the statute of limitations in your case runs out. However, the statute of limitations is not always as strict for child injury claims. In some cases, the statute of limitations can be tolled (paused) when the victim of the accident is a child. If you have any questions about the statute of limitations in a child injury claim, an experienced Las Vegas, NV personal injury lawyer can help.
- 4. A Child’s Future Medical Needs Must Be Considered: One complicating factor in child injury claims is that their ongoing and future medical needs must be fully accounted for. Although future medical needs are a relevant issue in all personal injury cases, determining the extent of the impact can be more difficult when the victim is a young child. Parents should be prepared to work with an experienced attorney who can help ensure that their family is properly compensated.
- 5. A Child Injury Settlement Must Be Approved By a Court: Finally, parties have slightly less discretion to reach a settlement in a personal injury case. Under Nevada Revised Statutes § 41.200, the court must sign off on any child injury settlement case. Notably, when families have competent legal representation, Nevada courts are generally willing to approve the settlement that they reached. Still, this is an issue that should be understood and addressed within the claims process.
Recovering the Compensation You Need to Support Your Family
Through a personal injury lawsuit in Nevada, plaintiffs have the right to seek compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Unfortunately, defendants and insurers are not known for making the claims process easy to navigate for families—even when the claim is being pursued on behalf of an injured child. Insurers try to settle cases for the lowest amount of compensation that they can get away with. At Naqvi Injury Law, our Las Vegas child injury lawyers know how to get families the full financial support that they rightfully deserve. You may be able to recover for:
- Emergency room treatment;
- Medical bills and other costs;
- Physical therapy;
- Mental health counseling;
- Other out-of-pocket costs;
- Diminished earning potential of the child;
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement;
- Permanent physical disability or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a child.
Why Families Rely On the Las Vegas Child Injury Lawyers at Naqvi Injury Law
Child injury claims are complicated. It is normal for parents/guardians to be confused and stressed out. Your child deserves the best medical care and your family deserves full financial support. At Naqvi Injury Law, we are here to help you navigate the claims process. When you call our Las Vegas law office, you will have a chance to work directly with a Nevada child injury attorney who will:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions;
- Gather the evidence and information you need to bring a claim;
- Handle all legal paperwork, including correspondence with insurers; and
- Take your child’s personal injury claim as far as needed to get results.
You and your child deserve personalized legal guidance from an attorney who will put time and resources into your case. Top quality representation requires personal attention. With testimonials from former clients and a long history of successful results, you and your family can trust our Las Vegas child injury lawyers to handle your case the right way.
Call Our Las Vegas Child Injury Attorneys for Immediate Legal Help
At Naqvi Injury Law, our Las Vegas child injury lawyers are compassionate, experienced advocates for injured kids and their families. It is our mission to provide top quality representation. If your child was hurt in an accident, we are here to help your family get justice and the maximum available financial support. Call us now or use our online contact form for a free, no obligation consultation. With a law office in Las Vegas, we handle child injury claims throughout all of Clark County, including in North Las Vegas, Summerlin, and Enterprise.
Why Work with Our Firm?
When you hire one of our skilled attorneys, you’ll never have to wonder what comes next. We’ll guide you through the steps of pursuing the best payout for your injuries, while advising you of potential problems or practices to avoid while your case is being reviewed and worked on. We are available to answer any questions you may have about the different legal processes involved in your case, so you’ll never have to guess at what comes next. Unlike some law firms, we don’t charge you any fees until you receive compensation for your case, which means you can retain our services no matter what your financial situation may be. Give us a call, contact us through our website, or send us an email.
Experience, compassionate service, and the determination to prevail are the foundations of our law firm – the choice is clear.
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Hear what Samantha has to say about their experience with Naqvi Injury Law.
5/5 - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT