What To Do In a Car Accident
Nobody wants to get into a car accident, but it happens quite often. Even if you’re a safe driver, there are many motorists on the roadway who aren’t. It’s important to know what to do if you are ever involved in a car crash, including calling Naqvi Injury Law as your Las Vegas car accident lawyer.
What You Should Know
This nine-part series, entitled “What To Do In a Car Accident,” will cover eight steps that you should allow in a car accident. Here is a glimpse of what you can expect to see in this series:
- Move to a safe area (if you can). It’s probably not safe to stay where you are, especially if your crash happened in a busy area or during rush hour traffic. If you are not too injured, and your car is in working order, move it to the side of the road, out of the way of other vehicles,
- Stop your vehicle and get out. Once you have moved to the side of the road, the next step is to come to a stop and get out when safe. Be sure to look for other cars before exiting your vehicle. Your safety is important.
- Check on others involved. If you are not injured, check on the wellbeing of others involved. Do you have passengers? If so, are any injured? If other vehicles were involved, check on the drivers and passengers to see if they are OK. If not, call for medical help right away.
- Call the police to the scene. Even if the accident is not major, you should call 911 and have police come to the scene. This may seem a bit much for a minor crash, but the police officer will create a report, which will be very useful as you file your insurance claim. Injuries can pop up later, and you’ll wish you had documentation.
- Contact your attorney. While you can handle your insurance company on your own, you’ll end up much less than expected for your claim. Get an attorney on your side to help you navigate through the claims process. You’ll get helpful legal advice so you can receive the most compensation possible.
- Gather info. Get driver’s license and insurance information of the other drivers involved. Also note the make and model of the car as well as the license plate number. If there were witnesses, get their contact information.
- Document the scene. The more information you can get, the better. Take photos of the scene and surrounding areas. Make note of road conditions, the weather and time of day.
- File your insurance claim. Be sure to do this promptly. Contact your insurance company and let them know what happened. They will ask for the details of the crash. Be honest. Your insurance company will work to get you compensation for your injuries but discuss any settlements with your lawyer first.
Schedule a FREE Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by e-mail or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada
Hiring a Las Vegas Attorney for Your Car Accident
These steps will help you get the evidence you need to file a solid claim. Have you been involved in a car accident? Follow the steps above and then contact the lawyers at Naqvi Injury Law to file a claim and learn more about your rights to compensation.