Do You Lack Health Insurance Coverage? Your Guide to Getting Medical Treatment After a Car Accident in Nevada
If you lack health insurance coverage you are certainly not alone. According to the most recent data from the Nevada Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP), approximately 14 percent of adults in Nevada are uninsured. In other words, there are more than 350,000 people in our state who do not have health insurance coverage. Notably, the DHCFP reports that a disproportionate share of Nevada’s uninsured population resides in Clark County.
This raises an important question: How do you get medical treatment after a car crash if you do not have health insurance? There are a number of potential options available—the answer will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. In this article, our Las Vegas car accident attorney explains the key things to know about getting medical treatment after a motor vehicle collision if you do not have health insurance coverage.
No Health Insurance? An Overview of Your Options for Getting Medical Treatment After a Crash
There are a few different options for getting your medical treatment after a car accident if you do not have health insurance coverage. Do not assume that you have no recourse. Every option for coverage should be carefully explored. Some of the main ways to get medical care covered include:
- Auto Insurance Coverage (MedPay): You may have no-fault coverage through your own auto insurance policy. While not required in Nevada, it is not uncommon for drivers to get additional insurance such as uninsured motorist coverageor MedPay coverage. No-fault insurance coverage can pay for your initial medical bills (and potentially lost wages) up to a predetermined amount after an accident.
- Medicaid: Medicaid is a public health program that provides health insurance to qualifying low income individuals. The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) reports that 17 percent of all people in Nevada are covered by Medicaid. If you are currently uninsured, you may be able to get yourself enrolled in Medicaid. Studies show that there are many people who could qualify for Medicaid but who are not currently enrolled in the program.
- Personal Injury Claim (Personal Injury Lien): Finally, you may be able to get medical treatment through a personal injury claim. Of course, the personal injury claims process can be slow—and you undoubtedly need medical care now. An option called a personal injury lien may be the best course. With guidance from a Las Vegas car accident lawyer, you can effectively reach an agreement with a hospital/medical provider. They will put a “lien” on a portion of your settlement. In exchange, they will provide medical treatment now. There are trustworthy medical providers who are willing to offer services on the basis of a lien in the Las Vegas area. Our attorneys can help connect you with the right doctors.
Do Not Wait to Get Medical Care After a Car Accident (Protect Your Health and Your Rights)
You should never wait to get medical care after a motor vehicle collision. Emergency medical needs always come first. If you or your loved one was severely injured in a crash, an immediate trip to the nearest emergency room is a must. Nothing should come before your health and safety. A Las Vegas car accident lawyer can help you determine the best way to get coverage and compensation for your injuries. You cannot bring a car accident claim in Nevada unless you see a doctor.
Holding Someone Else Liable for Your Accident: Nevada is Fault-Based Car Accident State
Nevada is a fault-based car accident state. You can hold another driver or any other negligent party legally responsible for your accident. To do so, you must present evidence proving that their careless or reckless conduct contributed to the collision. Under Nevada law (NRS 41.141), car accidents are subject to a comparative fault standard of liability. Each party to a collision is responsible for their proportionate share of the blame. Every injury crash in Nevada should be thoroughly investigated by an experienced Las Vegas car accident attorney. A lawyer will ensure that you have access to the evidence that you need to proceed.
You Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation After an Accident in Nevada
Beyond getting medical coverage after a car crash, it is crucial that you are able to access the full and fair financial support that is entitled to you under the law. In Nevada, injured victims can hold the at-fault party liable for economic and non-economic damages. Unfortunately, the big insurance companies are always going to put their own financial interests first. You need skilled professional legal counsel—particularly if you lack health insurance coverage. Our Las Vegas car accident attorney will go above and beyond to maximize your settlement or verdict. You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage (automotive repairs);
- Emergency medical bills;
- Hospital bills;
- Other health care expenses;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disfigurement;
- Long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a loved one.
You Can Always Afford a Top Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer (No Out-of-Pocket Costs)
Do not worry about the cost of legal representation after an accident. The top-rated Las Vegas car accident attorneys at Naqvi Injury Law represent victims and families on contingency. There are no upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses. Our car accident injury attorney will only get paid legal fees if you recover financial compensation for your damages. Initial consultations are free, comprehensive, and carry no obligation. You do not have to go through this process alone.
Why Rely On Naqvi Injury Law After a Serious Crash in Las Vegas
Car accident injury claims are complicated—especially if you do not have health insurance coverage At Naqvi Injury Law, we are strong, aggressive, and resourceful advocates for justice. You need medical treatment after a serious crash and our legal team is here to help you figure out the best solution. When you reach out to our Las Vegas law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Nevada car accident attorney who can:
- Hear your story, answer questions about health coverage, and explain your rights;
- Help you explore every available option for getting the medical care you need;
- Investigate the car crash—gathering all of the pertinent documents and records;
- Identify every party that may bear legal liability for your crash;
- Handle the correspondence and settlement talks with insurance companies; and
- Build a comprehensive personal injury strategy to protect your financial interests.
You do not have to go through the personal injury claims process alone. It is normal to feel stressed out, confused, and vulnerable after a serious motor vehicle accident. The situation is made all the more difficult if you lack health insurance coverage. With a proven history of successful case results, we are proud to be the top personal injury law firm in Clark County. Injured victims can trust our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers for top quality, fully personalized representation.
Set Up a Free Consultation With a Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney
At Naqvi Injury Law, our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers have the proven skill you can trust. If you were hurt in a crash and you do not have health insurance coverage, we are here to help you get medical treatment and the maximum financial compensation. Give us a call now or contact our team online to set up a no cost, no commitment review of your case. From our law office in Las Vegas, we represent motor vehicle accident victims in Clark County and throughout all of Southern Nevada.