- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
PARADISE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Paradise Motorcycle Accidents
For many residents of Paradise and visitors to Nevada, motorcycling can be a great leisure activity as well as a practical form of transportation. However, motorcycles can be extremely dangerous, and motorcycle accidents happen in Paradise more often than you might suspect.
According to a fact sheet from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), “motorcycles are less stable and less visible than cars and often have high performance capabilities.” As such, motorcyclists may be more likely to be involved in a serious or even fatal traffic collision than an automobile passenger. Indeed, the IIHS fact sheet emphasizes that, because motorcycle riders do not have the same protections associated with an enclosed vehicle that automobile passengers have, they are more likely to suffer severe or deadly injuries in the event of a crash.
If you or someone you love got hurt in a motorcycle accident in Paradise, it is important to discuss your options with an experienced Paradise motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. You may be eligible to file a claim for financial compensation.
Getting the Facts About Motorcycle Crashes and Liability
How common are motorcycle accidents? And how often do these crashes prove to be fatal? A fact sheet from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gathers data for motorcycle fatalities in each state, including in Nevada. In 2013, the last year for which statistics are available, 57 motorcycle accident fatalities occurred in Nevada. Of those who suffered deadly injuries, 84 percent were wearing helmets. While helmets can help to prevent injuries to the head, face, and neck, they cannot ensure that a rider will be safe in the event of a dangerous collision.
The IIHS fact sheet provides additional data about motorcycle accidents, including the following:
- Nearly 4,300 motorcyclists died in accidents in 2014;
- Motorcycle fatalities account for about 13 percent of all deaths in motor vehicle accidents;
- About 42 percent of motorcycle fatalities happen in single-vehicle accidents (in other words, an accident involving only the motorcycle and not another vehicle);
- About 58 percent of motorcycle fatalities happen in multiple-vehicle accidents (crashes involving the motorcycle and another vehicle);
- Around 36 percent—more than one-third—of all motorcyclists who are killed in accidents are aged 50 and older;
- Riders under the age of 30 account for about 30 percent of all motorcycle fatalities;
- More than 90 percent of motorcycle riders who suffer deadly injuries in crashes are male;
- Around 62 percent of motorcyclists killed in crashes were wearing helmets, while only about 53 percent of motorcycle passengers who sustained fatal injuries wore helmets;
- Alcohol is a major factor in motorcycle accidents, with about 30 percent of riders in multiple-vehicle accidents having blood alcohol concentrations of more than 0.08 percent, and with about 43 percent of riders involved in single-vehicle accidents having a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or higher;
- In total, alcohol is a factor in about 20 percent of deadly motorcycle accidents.
Reputations Are Earned, Not Given
Our law firm’s founding attorney — Farhan Naqvi has handled hundreds of complicated auto accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
He started his career as an insurance defense attorney many years ago and later joined one of the largest personal injury law firms in Nevada where he often litigated more than 200 cases simultaneously. His strong experience with insurance companies & accident law is the foundation of our boutique law firm. We devote ample resources & time to obtaining maximum compensation for accident victims.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
What are the most common injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents? Based on statistics gathered by RideApart, the following are among the most frequent injuries in motorcycle crashes:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other forms of head trauma;
- Neck injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Chest, shoulder, and back wounds;
- Facial injuries and severe scarring;
- Injuries to the legs and feet, including amputation; and
- Injuries to the arms and hands, including amputation.
According to RideApart, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) catalogues the types of injuries mentioned above according to their frequency. About 22 percent of all motorcycle accident injuries occur to the head and neck, while about 30 percent of all injuries occur to the legs and/or feet.
Steps for Filing Your Paradise Motorcycle Accident Claim
How can you begin the process of filing a claim for your motorcycle accident? This step actually begins at the scene of the crash. The following are some important steps to take in order to begin seeking compensation for your injuries:
- At the scene of the accident: Obtain names and contact information of the other parties involved in the crash, as well as any witnesses. In addition, you should take many photos of the scene, involving photos of the vehicles involved in the crash and the roads on which the collision occurred.
- Just after the crash: Seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. It will be important to have medical records of the types of injuries you sustained in the crash as you file your claim for compensation. You will also need to contact your insurance company to tell them about the accident. However, you should never admit fault in an accident, and you should only answer questions in brief before speaking with your motorcycle accident lawyer.
- As soon as possible: Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to begin working on your personal injury lawsuit.
Why Work with Our Firm?
Getting hurt in a motorcycle accident can be frustrating and painful. You may not be able to work, and you may require thousands of dollars of medical treatment. An experienced Paradise motorcycle accident attorney can assist you with your case. Contact Naqvi Injury Law today to learn more about the first steps in filing a claim for compensation.
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Hear what Samantha has to say about their experience with Naqvi Injury Law.
5/5 - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT