- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
LAS VEGAS HEAD-ON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Common Causes of Head-on Crashes
All car crashes are frightening and have the potential to cause serious damage and painful injuries. For example, even a minor fender bender could cause thousands of dollars in vehicle repairs, while the victim could also suffer from debilitating whiplash, making him or her unable to go to work. Head-on collisions, however, tend to have especially devastating consequences and can result in death or permanent disability. Because the damage sustained in these types of collisions is particularly severe, it is even more important for victims to contact an experienced Las Vegas car accident attorney who can represent their interests, whether during settlement proceedings or in the courtroom. When people think about a head-on collision, they usually picture a scenario where one driver was attempting to pass a slower vehicle and in doing so, collided with someone traveling in the other direction. While these types of accidents do occur, most head-on car crashes are caused by one driver accidentally drifting across the centerline of the road.
In most cases, this accidental drifting is the result of one party’s negligent actions, which could include:
- Falling asleep at the wheel;
- Driving while distracted;
- Speeding; and
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Although driver negligence is the most common cause of head-on collisions, these types of accidents can also be caused by:
- Poor weather conditions, including icy roads and fog;
- Mechanical failure, whether as a result of a manufacturer defect or the driver’s lack of vehicle maintenance; and
- A driver’s attempt to swerve out of the way of road debris or an animal.
Regardless of the underlying cause, these kinds of crashes almost always have painful and dangerous repercussions, including catastrophic and even deadly injuries.
Because the negligent driver is usually unaware of the impending collision (due to his or her distraction) these types of crashes often occur at high speeds, with no attempt to brake or swerve out of the way on the part of the at-fault driver. As a result, injuries sustained in these types of crashes are often severe and include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, which are usually caused by a person’s head striking another object in the vehicle, often a window or the steering wheel. This kind of blunt force trauma can result in bleeding or swelling in the brain.
- Spinal cord damage can also occur if the force involved was great enough to fracture the vertebrae. When pieces of the broken spine puncture the spinal cord, paralysis can follow.
- Burns caused by exploded fuel tanks and engine fires can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement that require multiple painful surgeries.
- Severe whiplash, which is caused by the driver’s or passenger’s head snapping forward and backward upon impact. This abrupt motion can cause the muscles and ligaments in the neck to become strained or torn, leading to restricted movement and extreme pain.
- Fractures to the sternum and ribs, which occur when a victim strikes a steering wheel, dashboard, or seat belt at high speed. These types of injuries are notorious for taking a significant amount of time to heal.
- Crushed legs and hips can occur if, as a result of an impact, a person’s lower extremities become crushed or trapped beneath the wreckage.
- Internal organ damage, which can result if a person’s torso comes into sudden contact with another object during the crash. If left untreated, organ damage can lead to internal bleeding, which can be deadly.
More About Head-On Injuries
Unfortunately, the above mentioned injuries are only a few of the types of incidents car accident victims may sustain as a result of a head-on collision with another driver. These injuries can also be ruinously expensive to treat. For example, an injured party may need to foot the bill for ambulance services, emergency treatment, diagnostic tests, multiple surgeries, prescription medications and physical therapy. However, when plaintiffs can demonstrate that their injuries were the result of another person’s negligence, they may be able to collect compensation to cover all of these costs, in addition to damages for lost wages and pain and suffering.
In most head-on collisions, it is clear that at least one person was clearly negligent. However, proving this assertion at trial can still be difficult, making it especially crucial for injured parties to hire a competent attorney who has experience in the courtroom. At Naqvi Injury Law, we have never lost a trial. In fact, our office is currently undergoing renovations, so that we can construct a replica of a courtroom and conduct mock trials before taking a case to court.
Reputations Are Earned, Not Given
Our law firm’s founding attorney — Farhan Naqvi has handled hundreds of complicated auto accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
He started his career as an insurance defense attorney many years ago and later joined one of the largest personal injury law firms in Nevada where he often litigated more than 200 cases simultaneously. His strong experience with insurance companies & accident law is the foundation of our boutique law firm. We devote ample resources & time to obtaining maximum compensation for accident victims.
In an effort to avoid these types of severe crashes, local and state governments have instituted a series of precautionary measures, including:
- Installing centerline rumble strips on two-lane roads to help awaken drivers who have fallen asleep at the wheel;
- Providing center two-way left turn lanes;
- Creating a narrow buffer median between lanes;
- Using more alternating passing lanes;
- Installing median barriers;
- Enhancing the delineation of sharp curves;
- Improving highway design;
- Providing better pavement markings;
- Constructing skid-resistant pavement surfaces; and
- Improving shoulder slopes, paving, and edge drops.
Unfortunately, despite these efforts, an alarming number of head-on collisions continue to occur across the nation. This leaves thousands of accident victims struggling with painful treatments, as well as expensive medical bills. At Naqvi Injury Law, we understand that many car accident victims are in dire financial straits. For this reason, we do not charge any hidden fees and we don’t require clients to pay anything unless they win.
Contact a Las Vegas Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have undergone the trauma of a serious Las Vegas head-on collision, please contact Naqvi Injury Law to schedule a free consultation by calling (702) 803-3387.
Why Work with Our Firm?
As the proud recipients of the “Best of Las Vegas” designation for personal injury attorneys, we are well-equipped to answer your questions and explain your rights. One of our valued team members is standing by and eager to help you get started on the road to recovery.
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Hear what Christina has to say about their experience with Naqvi Injury Law.
5/5 - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT