- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
LAS VEGAS FAILURE TO YIELD ATTORNEY
Right of Way Laws in Nevada
One of the most common causes of accidents in Las Vegas and surrounding areas of Nevada is a driver’s failure to yield to someone who has the right of way. When a failure to yield collision occurs, particularly when the vehicles are traveling at high speeds, the damages can be catastrophic. What’s more, failure to yield crashes involve more than just vehicles; pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists may all be injured in this type of crash as well. These parties, who have few protections when a crash occurs, may suffer tragic injuries. In order to determine fault for a failure to yield accident, it is first important to understand right of way laws in Nevada. Consider the following laws regarding who has the right to proceed in the following scenarios:
- When approaching an intersection… When a driver is approaching an intersection in Nevada, this driver must yield the right of way to a vehicle that has entered the intersection from a different roadway.
- When approaching an intersection at the same time… When two vehicles are approaching an intersection at the same time, the driver on the left is required to yield the right of way to the driver on the right.
- When turning left… A vehicle that is making a turn to the left is required to yield to any other vehicle approaching from the opposite direction.
In addition to these, there are a number of other right of way laws that apply when a vehicle is at a stop sign or yield sign, wants to cross an intersection where there is a crosswalk and a pedestrian, or driving around a vehicle. The full list of right of way laws can be viewed in Chapter 484B – Rules of the Road of Nevada Code.
When a Driver Fails to Yield
When a driver fails to yield and therefore is in violation of right of way laws, the potential for an accident is high. One of the most common failure to yield crash types is a T-bone accident, where the front of one car slams into the side of another. This, and other failure to yield accident types, can lead to serious crashes and injuries, including head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, back and spinal cord injuries, fractures, soft tissue injuries, facial injuries, internal injuries, and cuts and bruises.
When a driver breaks the law by failing to yield and another party suffers harm as a result, the negligent, or lawbreaking, driver is responsible for the harmed parties injuries and damages. In order to hold this driver liable for harm, the claimant must prove that their injuries would not have been sustained but for the failure to yield (or any other act of negligence).
Gathering Evidence to Support Your Case
Proving that you had the right of way and that the other driver failed to yield the right of way, resulting in the collision, can be difficult to do. In order to prove this and recover the compensation that you deserve, you will need to gather a variety of evidence types. Sources of evidence that can be useful in supporting your claim include:
- Witnesses & statements;
- Photo evidence;
- Any video footage of the accident;
- Police reports;
- The testimony of the other driver;
- Angles of impact and damage on the vehicles;
- Skid marks or other signs that a driver was speeding, tried to stop, etc.
At the law offices of Naqvi Injury Law, we work with a number of accident reconstruction experts who can assist us in building your case and proving fault.
Reputations Are Earned, Not Given
Our law firm’s founding attorney — Farhan Naqvi has handled hundreds of complicated auto accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
He started his career as an insurance defense attorney many years ago and later joined one of the largest personal injury law firms in Nevada where he often litigated more than 200 cases simultaneously. His strong experience with insurance companies & accident law is the foundation of our boutique law firm. We devote ample resources & time to obtaining maximum compensation for accident victims.
Choose Naqvi Injury Law
When you are in a failure to yield accident and suffer injuries, especially if your losses are severe, it is recommended that you work with an experienced law firm. A lawyer assists you in gathering evidence, understanding the claims process, filing your claim, valuating your damages, negotiating with an insurance adjuster, and, if need be, filing a lawsuit and litigating your case in court. Because you and your attorney will no doubt have an intimate professional relationship, and because the outcome of your case may have a large impact on your future, it is important that you work with an attorney who is:
- Credible. You don’t want to work with just any attorney that you find online; you want to work with an attorney who is a member of Nevada’s State Bar Association, has not had any disciplinary actions filed against them, and has received praise from past clients. We have also received numerous recognitions and awards.
- Successful. You also want to work with an attorney who is successful. At Naqvi Injury Law, we are proud to say that we have litigated many trials, and our car accident lawyer has never lost a trial. We have a long track record of success!
- Experienced and knowledgeable. Our success in and out of the courtroom is a strong indicator of our experience and our knowledge of the law. We are competent in our ability to represent you.
- Passionate about their work and their clients. Finally, it is important to work with someone who actually cares about the clients they are representing. At Naqvi Injury Law, we promise that you will always be a top priority.
Why Work with Our Firm?
Being involved in a crash caused by a driver’s failure to yield is a shocking and upsetting experience, especially when you suffer significant losses, ranging from property damage expenses to medical bills to injuries and disabilities.
At the firm of Naqvi Injury Law, we put our clients first. Our goal is to help you get the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve when another person’s fault has caused your injuries. If you have been harmed, please contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not have to pay for our services if we are unsuccessful in recovering you a settlement. To learn more, contact us today online or by phone.
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Hear what Samantha has to say about their experience with Naqvi Injury Law.
5/5 - ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT