- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney
- Voted Best Law Firm
- Voted Best Customer Service
LAS VEGAS HAZARDOUS ROADWAYS ATTORNEY
Experienced Accident Attorney Here For You
Each day, there are hundreds of car accidents that occur throughout the United States, leading to dozens of lives lost and countless injuries. While most of these accidents occur because of the negligence of one of the drivers involved–such as a speeding or intoxicated driver–not all accidents can be blamed on vehicle operators. To be sure, in addition to negligent drivers, another danger is a hazardous roadway. When a hazardous roadway causes a crash, you need an experienced Nevada car accident attorney on your side who can help you to understand what your rights are, how to prove that the hazardous roadway was the cause of the collision, and guide you through seeking damages. A hazard is a danger, risk, or something that acts as a potential source of danger. On the roadway, a hazard could be any number of things, including the following:
- Stationary hazards such as ambulances, roadway dividers and medians, debris, trees or dead animals, construction equipment, and guardrails;
- Poorly designed roadways, such as roadways with sharp turns, too narrow of roads, or a lack of guardrails;
- Road defects, such as potholes or uneven driving surfaces;
- Mobile hazards, such as animals or children darting across the road, dangerous drivers, etc.; and
- Improper signage, such as a sign indicating drivers to go one way to avoid a construction zone, but that actually leads drivers to a more dangerous part of the roadway.
Roadways are also more hazardous when weather conditions are less than ideal. For example, rain, snow, and sleet make roads more difficult to navigate, and vehicles more difficult to control.
Types of Crashes Caused by Hazardous Roadways
A hazardous roadway has the potential to lead to any number of crash types, depending upon the type of hazard, the number of vehicles involved, the direction the vehicle is traveling, the speed of the vehicle, and more. Potential crash types include:
- Single vehicle collisions. Single vehicle collisions are one of the most common types of crashes that occur when roadways are hazardous. For example, a driver may, in trying to avoid a fallen tree, swerve to the side of the road and crash into the median. Single vehicle collisions can also, in the most severe of cases, result in rollover crashes.
- Head on crashes. Head on crashes are the most deadly accident type. When a roadway hazard is present, a driver may mistakenly operate their vehicle in the wrong lane, heading directly into the direction that traffic is coming, leading to a crash.
- Side swipe, rear end, and T-bone crashes. The most immediate reaction for a driver when a road hazard is present is to either try to stop quickly, or to try to swerve to avoid the hazard. These actions can be dangerous, resulting in side swipe collisions, rear end crashes, or T-bone accidents.
All of these accident types have the potential to be deadly or lead to serious injuries. Head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, back injuries, amputation injuries, puncture injuries, injuries from ejection from the vehicle, lacerations, fractures, and more are all possible.
Who Is to Blame for a Car Accident Caused by a Hazardous Roadway?
When a car accident occurs in Nevada, the party who is at fault for the crash is the party who is responsible for paying for damages sustained by any victims of the crash. As this pertains to hazardous roadways, it can be very difficult to determine exactly what went wrong. Potentially liable parties might be:
- A city or state government that is responsible for road maintenance, knew of a roadside hazard, but failed to correct the roadside hazard;
- A construction company who improperly set up cones, signs, etc.;
The actions of another driver; or
- Any other party whose actions were negligent, and, as a result of this negligence, caused the accident.
The Importance of Working with an Experienced Law Firm
As has been mentioned multiple times, determining the precise cause of an accident resulting from a hazardous roadway can be difficult to do, and there may be many factors at play. For example, a turn was dangerous and unmarked, but a driver was driving at an unsafe speed for conditions – who’s to blame? Or, a pothole existed in the road, and had existed for many months and a city was aware of the pothole and planned to fix it, but the driver only hit it because they were distracted, and therefore was not paying attention – who’s at fault?
Because fault in an accident caused, at least in part, by a hazardous roadway can be so complex to determine, working with an experienced law firm is critical. An experienced attorney will already know a team of accident reconstruction and forensic experts who can get to work on determining the precise cause of your accident immediately, and proving that your accident would not have occurred but for the negligence of another party.
Reputations Are Earned, Not Given
Our law firm’s founding attorney — Farhan Naqvi has handled hundreds of complicated auto accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
He started his career as an insurance defense attorney many years ago and later joined one of the largest personal injury law firms in Nevada where he often litigated more than 200 cases simultaneously. His strong experience with insurance companies & accident law is the foundation of our boutique law firm. We devote ample resources & time to obtaining maximum compensation for accident victims.
Representing You in And out of the Courtroom
At the offices of Naqvi Injury Law, we do more than just hire experts who can investigate your accident and build your claim; we represent you and your best interests throughout the entire claims process, in and out of the courtroom. You can rest assured that we have your best interests in mind, and we have the experience and history of success to boot – in fact, we have gone to court many times, and our talented car accident lawyer has never lost a trial. We have also received multiple recognitions for our success and efficacy.
Why Work with Our Firm?
If you are involved in an accident caused by a hazardous roadway, our attorneys want to help you. We know how scary the claims process can be, and want to tell you this: don’t be intimidated! You have a right to seek damages, and we can help! To schedule a free consultation, contact us today!
Call (702) 803-3092 Never Settle For Less
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
Contact our law firm by filling out the form below or call us to schedule a free initial consultation. We are compassionate, yet aggressive when protecting accident victims and family who lost loved ones in wrongful death accidents. Located in Las Vegas, our firm serves clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Other Practice Areas
DRUNK DRIVER ACCIDENTS
MULTIPLE CAR ACCIDENTS
NECK & BACK INJURY
SLIP & FALL ACCIDENTS
SPINE INJURY ACCIDENTS
SWIMMING POOL ACCIDENTS
TAXI CAB ACCIDENTS
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
TRIP & FALL ACCIDENT