By Farhan Naqvi, Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas
If you’ve suffered a head injury and believe you’re suffering the side effects of a concussion, see a doctor right away, even if you believe it is only a mild concussion.
To get the most out of your doctor’s appointment after a concussion, it is important to know what information the doctor will probably ask. It is extremely important to give honest, forthright answers. To help you prepare for your appointment, here is a list of common questions that head injury/concussion doctors will ask you:
- How did the concussion/head injury take place?
- Have you suffered from a concussion/head injury before?
- Have you done anything to treat your accident or the symptoms caused by your accident, such as taking medicine?
- Did you experience any side effects immediately after your concussion, such as loss of consciousness, seizures, or memory loss?
- Have you noticed any new symptoms like dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting after the head injury?
- Do you anticipate playing contact sports or engaging in any physically dangerous activity in the coming weeks or months?
- Have you felt any changes in your mood such as depression, anxiety, or confusion after the accident?
- Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Have you noticed any significant drop in your energy level?
- Have you missed school or work due to your concussion, and when do you plan on returning?
About the Editor: Farhan R. Naqvi is a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer who has experience representing victims injured in car accidents, drunk driver crashes, truck wrecks, slip and falls, taxi cab accidents, and bicycle crashes. He also has experience handling spine injury, product liability, underinsured/uninsured driver, and wrongful death cases. If you’ve been seriously hurt in an accident in Summerlin, North Las Vegas, Clark County, Henderson, Boulder City, Green Valley, or Pahrump, give Farhan a call at 702-553-1000 for a free, no-hassle consultation.